Friday, February 21, 2014

Sunflower Blogger Award

I have been nominated by Reyna for the Sunflower Blogger Award. Thank you.
I think this is the first time I have fully participated in a tag. I am not if I haven't ever been tagged or just not participated fully. If any of my nominees don't wish to participate that is just fine as I can understand not wanting to tag tons of people.

Rules
1. Share 11 facts.
2. Answer nominator's questions.
3. Set your own questions.
4. Nominate 11 more bloggers.

My Eleven Facts
1. My mom started homeschooling me because I still took long naps, and I was homeschooled up until college.
2. I am set to graduate with my B.A. in history in the spring from our local secular university . . . which course of action I don't really recommend following.*
3. I know how to knit and have knit lacework but have never finished a sweater. That seems a bit backward to me.
4. I am convinced the computer and internet have ruined my attention span (for most things). Pretty much the only way I can watch a movie straight through is when we go to the movie theatre. I call it DDD, that is Discipline Deficit Disorder.
5. I have stayed up until the wee hours of the morning TWICE this past week and a half finishing books (like I said, only some things suffer as a result my DDD . . . ): Nomad (I can recommend the Faerie Rebels but proceed at your own risk for her sci-fi novels) and The Book Thief (This has much profanity and an uncomfortable section, but I would buy it and mark out what I needed). That was last night morning; I am currently operating on about four or less hours of sleep, and I skipped breakfast this morning.
6. I have a shoe problem. I love them dearly . . . and impractically. I have a pair in my closet that will work well with exactly one outfit.
7. I have a library problem. We have a wonderful library system with which I can request books online and pick them up at our particular location. I think have 30 something in my room now. Over the last 6 months I have racked up over $15 in fines even though I can renew online . . . and I don't read most of the books, ahem.
8. I use natural organic body care and cosmetic products. I tried to make my own concealer in a haphazard way today. I am thinking it will need some adjusting.
9. I want to learn shorthand . . . at the moment anyway. The British Pittman method of course. This desire was fueled by Poirot and Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones Studies in the Sermon on the Mount, read the intro to it and you will understand.
10. I love the original Color Me Beautiful. I am a summer and LOVE it. Now I have almost no black in my wardrobe. I don't really adore neutrals very much. I cannot wait to get into my gorgeous summer clothes!
11. I am left-handed and very pleased with that fact. Everything else about me is almost exactly average, height, shoe size, etc.

Questions from Reyna
~Do you like to write with a pencil or a pen? A pencil for school and a pen for sermon notes, journaling, and other pretty writing.
~In which century were most of the books you read written? The twentieth. But most of them are not set in that century.
~What is one of your favorite Bible verses? I know hardly anyone has just a single favorite, so just pick one that comes to mind. I will say Matthew 7:7-8
~Do you sew, and if so (haha), what? I will just say I try to sew clothes for myself.
~What are three of your favorite movies? Why does this type of question always cause this reaction, "What are movies?"!? I will just pick likes and not bother my head about favorites since that can depend on genre and my mood . . . and my memory. Ever After, The Inheritance, and A Friendly Persuasion.

My Questions to My Nominees
~What are your favorite juvenile/Y.A. fiction favorites?
~Thoughts on cosmetics, conventional, natural, none?
~Would you homeschool your own children and how serious a decision is this for you?*
~How do you feel about reading fad novels when they are popular such as Eragon, The Hunger Games, and The Book Thief? Do you discern serious differences in quality amongst them? Have you ever read and loved some before or after they were a fad?
~If you could learn any language (fantasy, real and living, obscure, dead or dying) which would you learn?
~If you could change your name to any name (again fantasy or real or obscure) what would it be?

2 comments :

  1. Hehehe, "Discipline Deficit Disorder" is great! I think I have it too, I struggle to sit through movies.

    My problem with the library is that the online renewal system doesn't work! I tried to renew a book, and it wouldn't let me, so I returned it as soon as I could, of course, after it was finished (The Count of Monte Cristo is LONG!) but still racked up fines. Come to find out, they had plenty of other copies available, but when someone else put it on hold, the system selected the copy that I had checked out instead of one of the available ones! Very annoying for me, and not very helpful for the person who wanted the book! And they wouldn't drop my fines, even though the system was causing an unnecessary problem. I haven't been back to the library since.

    I posted mine just now, thanks for nominating me! http://hopefulaspiringhomemaker.blogspot.com/2014/03/sunflower-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for the award, Olivia! I'm honored to be on your list of bloggers to receive this. There are some fabulous bloggers on the receiving end. :) Thanks again!!!

    Congrats on yours - love the first two movies of your favorites too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I love comments. Please be sweet and well-bred! I reserve the right to delete comments that make me uncomfortable.