"A good story in rotten English . . ."

 

My youngest sister owns this series entitled The Unwanteds, and I have wanted to read them since she told me and the cover mentioned Harry Potter similarities (imitations was more how she put it). Most books are not highly unique and although this does contain (and I am not very far into the novel) too great Harry Potter mimicry (including such small ones only a nerd would notice), I do think her general concept of secret fantasy world in a dystopian world quite intriguing. Unfortunately, some people can only come up with concepts. The writing is pathetic, unimaginative, flat, etc. etc.

I love though that I found a book and a quote while reading another book that match together so perfectly! Although writing is a bit more complicated than that.


Labels: ,