The Music Man

We went and saw two high school/middle school theater productions in the past few weeks. One was Pride and Prejudice which I must say was rather mediocre, especially in light of the second production. I do not think the story lends itself well to play format anyway though.

The other performance was The Music Man. I had heard of the movie, but opted out of joining my family to see it as I wanted to spend my coveted evening working productively (which miraculously I did), and because I did not know the story. But when my family came home they were effusive. I have a habit of missing the really brilliant high school plays (I am still furious with myself for missing two performances when I was in high school; the home-school theater glory days it seemed until now).

The next evening we went out to dinner, and I brought up the musical. Mom said one of my sisters wanted to see it again. So my three little sisters piled into my car, and we claimed a front and central view. I am so glad I could see it. We knew several of the principle actors, and they did such a good job. The whole performance was just darling. I had heard of a few of the song titles, and perhaps part of one of the songs before.

I soon ordered the movie and Broadway soundtrack from the library, and the ladies of the family watched the movie together. I preferred the little people's version, but I still enjoyed the movie and would like to see it on Broadway (with a younger, handsomer music man).

Anyway, I have a new song to add to my scanty repertoire of songs which I like: "Goodnight My Someone"






Labels: , ,