A Few Unique Aspects of Style and Color Theory

I love what I have learned on Inside Out Style Blog. I am rather disappointed that she seems to have removed old posts with her updated site though, or maybe I am too techno-ignorant to find them. Here are some unique aspects of fashion and color theory, most of which I had never read about or heard mentioned before I learned about this site. The first two are quite interesting for me because I do not like neutrals, and yet I do not like wearing colors that are too far opposite on the color wheel. And now I know that I do not look good in these and why.

Color Contrast, how eye, hair, and skin color relate to each other in this post.

Value Contrast, the varying intensities in eye, skin, and hair color in this post.

Both together in this post.

Texture and sheen of fabrics and how it relates to the sheen of your skin and hair in this post. I have noticed that I do not look amazing in charmeuse :( and now I know why. FYI oily skin does not equal shiny skin and you also have to consider your hair texture.

Color Intensity in this post.

Comfort in this post.

Beyond the color seasons in this post. I have yet to search further in this one. I bought a summer swatch fan, but I really feel like I need to determine my colors rather than rely on the fan since I looked at some of the colors and noticed ones I knew would not work. Maybe I could get a more reliable set of colors to use via this theory.

Labels: