Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Yarn Along

I caved and finally bought the Holden Shawl pattern. If I pay, I would prefer to pay for a more unique design (this stitch is not an original one), but I did not want to wait to get this class and figure it out myself. Oh, well.

I definitely want to try this with a lighter weight yarn and beading (a photo of such as shawl on Pinterest was my first introduction to this apparently widely popular pattern).


 I am using KnitPicks Diadem variegated; I bought it majorly on sale last fall since they were discontinuing the variegated. The color is darker and more red, but I did not feel like fooling with my camera anymore. One day I will finish that photography class. I saw some Tumblr posts on the tv/movie on Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, so I decided I would read this. Not quite what I was expecting, but interesting.

I finished my little neckerchief, but as I still have not bought blocking boards, a photo will have to wait. I have another project, a scarf, on hold as I found this shawl much more interesting and speedy to knit. I have been looking for sweaters, dresses, and yarn; I will have to see if I can make such big projects work. I already frogged a skirt. I think I want to make up the pattern myself but do not know how to figure out gauge and stitches for cables. Oh, yeah. And I have several baby projects I need to make for which I am having trouble even simply deciding on patterns and yarn. And I only have two months for some of them.

I am linking up here.

4 comments :

  1. Oooh, that yarn is really pretty! I'm imagining it darker as you described and I'm sure it'll turn out lovely. I've been thinking about getting Strange & Norrell from the library but I've been putting it off because I can't read and knit at once, haha.

    P.S. I *love* the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m alway so impressed with knitters, it looks so intricate and detailed (I crochet, which looks looser!). JS and MN is one of those books that's been on my to-read list forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Holden is a lovely shawl and that yarn is gorgeous. I always have trouble choosing baby patterns as there are just so many cute patterns! Hope you find one soon. I would love to knit a dress one day. I have heaps of vintage Stitchcraft magazines with dresses knitted in fingering weight yarn - should only take a hundred years to knit one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking at vintage knit dresses, but I haven't even managed a decent sweater, so I would probably take 100 years! My last baby blanket felt like it took that long!

      Delete

Hello, I love comments. Please be sweet and well-bred! I reserve the right to delete comments that make me uncomfortable.