Would You Rather LOTR Edition

We just got back from our Great Western Adventure (rather a big deal for us anyway), so you can expect several posts of much-better-than-usual photos (I really am working on it; I think I am past my mental hurdle) over the next several weeks. Until then, though I am going to have some of my old favorite bookish posts.

After seeing several bloggers answer this tag, I decided I wanted to join (and I think I will start that LOTR reread and rewatch soon). The tag is part of a LOTR week.

1. You have been tasked with your own quest, your own fellowship has been gathered, and you have the pick of one last member, would you rather choose Eomer or Imrahil to join you on your journey? (Imrahil is a member of the Dunedain.)
I always adored Eomer, and I do not remember Imrahil, so Eomer.

2. Would you rather have to track an army of Uruk-Hai, or climb the 'stairs'? 
The stairs Frodo and Sam climbed (I haven't watched the movies or read the books in years, a decade for the books, and after the first watching of the movies, avoided the Sam and Frodo scenes)? As long as the tracking was OF the Uruk-Hai not ever BY them, AND was not in Mordor, I would pick that option.

3. Who would you rather, slap/shake/glare, some sense into, Denethor or Wormtongue?
Denethor, since he was supposed to be one of the "good guys" and held great power (not quite legally/ethically either) on the right side. Wormtongue only had power via an evil person.

4. Would you rather attend Bilbo's birthday and have to dance a jig or have to sing a solo at Aragorn's coronation? 
I cannot dance or sing, but I think that dancing, particularly of the carefree sort, would be less embarrassing.

5. Would you rather, soar on an Eagle's back to pick-up Frodo and Sam or participate in the last march of the Ents, courtesy of Treebeard's shoulder?
Definitely fly, Treebeard is GREATLY annoying.

6. Would you rather have to face an enraged Oliphant or Shelob?
An Oliphant. You could easily run away besides the Oliphant is FAR less creepy is not a predator.

7. Would you rather have to wear the full armor of Gondor for a day or the full armor of Rohan for a day?
From what I can vaguely remember of Gondorian armor and from recently seen photos of Eomer, I think Rohirrim armor would be less suffocating and more maneuverable.

8. Would you rather have an axe or a bow?
A bow, as I wouldn't have to see closely any severe injury I caused if I had to fight, and I could always hit with my bow if necessary to protect myself. And I could stay further from the fight. I am no Eowyn and have no wish to be.

9.Would you rather visit Lothlorien or Rivendell? 
Rivendell, a protected, hidden sanctuary. In time of peace Lothorien would be lovely, but it was besieged far easier than Rivendell would have been. Even in peace I prefer security.

10. Would you rather have to get through the Mines of Moria or take the Path of the Dead? (In each situation, you are with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. Haha, so, you're not alone!)
I do not quite recall the Path of the Dead (was that the drowned fields filled with dead?), but never Moria, claustrophobia wins out!

11. Would you rather stay and help rebuild the Shire, or sail to the Undying Lands? 
I do not know, I thought it so sad that the elves all left, so I could want to follow them, but I wanted them to stay, so I think I would stay. Lovely logic and grammar.

Labels: ,