Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Yarn Along


I am linking up here again.


I usually have several books going, but I do not always read them at the same pace or evenly split my time between them. Recently, I have given the same attention for this stack although I will probably speed up the Patricia St. John book (Rainbow Garden; you can barely see the book). I am re-reading Jane Eyre  for this read-along which is averaging about 2 chapters a week. I need to speed up my reading of Albion's Seed: Four British Folkways in America, a 900 pages (not counting end extras) historical scholarly monograph about early America, because it is a library book.

I have finished all the knitting on my sister's Katniss Cowl, and the pieces are drying on my blocking boards. I will have more details about the patterns and tutorials that I used once I am finished. That bit of fluff I am currently knitting is another Holden Shawl.

3 comments :

  1. That cowl looks so so soft! Is it angora?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn is KnitPicks Aloft and is mostly kid mohair with some silk.

      Delete
  2. Hello Livia! Saw your comment on Rissi's site under her 'Nancy Drew' post - so I thought I would stop by your site to say hello!

    Your site "Rose Petals and Faerie Dust" is lovely!!! I, too, have enjoyed a good book or two (okay, maybe more like 100s!) over the years and Jane Eyre is such a deep, intriguing tale. Isn't is fascinating when you re-read a story, how you catch little things you definitely did not see/read the first time around!

    God's Blessings and Happy Reading!!! Net

    itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I love comments. Please be sweet and well-bred! I reserve the right to delete comments that make me uncomfortable.