Yarn Along: Entrelac and A Little Taste of Poison

I am linking up again after a period of laziness here at Ginny Sheller's Yarn Along. You will have to forgive the iphone photo. And the junk at the bottom; my room will never stay clean.


Since I am knitting two items and reading two books (just kidding, I have several books and knitting projects started, this are just the most diligently pursued at the moment). My sisters and I enjoyed the first Uncommon Magic book, A Pocket Full of Murder, and we are happy to finally read the second installment, A Little Taste of Poison. Don't you just love the titles? The covers, especially the first, are adorable. If you haven't read any R.J. Anderson, you definitely should. Her Faery Rebels trilogy and Swift duo are amazing (they are connected, but not a series). Unfortunately only the first two titles are available in the U.S.; I ordered the others via Amazon.uk. Worth it.

I've been making my way through Mildred Taylor's Logan family saga. I meant to read the stories chronological order, but I got mixed up a little although not in the "main" story. I am working on my first entrelac project, a blanket. I mean for this to be slow since it is so huge and to complete other projects at the same time. I am knitting a cashmere blend scarf with this gorgeous textured triangle stitch also. I really need to stop the scarf and shawl deluge a bit and work on sweaters. I am aiming to work through "Handknit Garment Design" class on Craftsy to design a couple sweaters.

Labels: ,