Blogmas 2016

I enjoyed Blogtober, I think prompts and link-ups like that are fun . . . if I can pick and choose. Also, I like the idea of Christmas posts but felt too pressured by my 12 days of Christmas all in a row. So, I was pleased to find this Blogmas event going on. I will follow along, picking and choosing at my own will. Today I'm going to do the tag.


Whats Your Favourite Holiday Movie?

I love White Christmas. I feel like I haven't seen enough Christmas movies to have a "favorite" plus I'm more of a "favorites" person.

Whats Your Favourite Christmas Color?

I think it depends. I am not usually a fan of only red and green together; I like have more neturals and metals to soften the effect.

Do You Like To Stay in Your PJs Or Dress Up For Christmas?

I like pajamas in the morning when emptying our stockings and then dressing up when we go to Mamau and Papau's for lunch. 

If You Could Only Buy One Person a Present This Year Who Would It Be?

I couldn't do one person, that wouldn't seem fair. I like buying for my littlest sisters.

Do You Open Your Present Christmas Eve Or Christmas Morning?

We celebrate with extended family on Christmas Eve, immediate family on Christmas morning, and grandparents at midday on Christmas. My brother is now married and my sister will be married by next Christmas, so we will probably adjust some. And since Christmas is on Sunday, this year will be different too.

What Do You Like To Do On Your Christmas Break?

Usually, try to get myself into a sugar coma and binge on Hallmark and work on last minute Christmas and sale shopping. I've still got finals, so I cannot see past Wednesday, but I do want to purge (haha), watch a list of Christmas movies plus Hallmark, read some Christmas stories, and bake Christmas goodies. I also have baby and Christmas knitting I need to work on.

Any Christmas Wishes?

A good year? A fun Christmas? A Boyfriend for Christmas (ha, and I'd take that boyfriend).  

Favorite Christmas Smell?

Peppermint, chocolate, cinnamon, its hard to pick.  

Favourite Christmas Meal Or Treat?

Dad makes home-made cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning breakfast. For sweets, peppermint fudge, truffles, and meringue Christmas trees (all home-made of course). I prefer ham and deviled eggs for my Christmas protein. And we usually have plenty of lovely sides.

What are you doing for the holidays this year?

All of our family is around here, so we stay.

What’s your favourite holiday drink?

Hot chocolate. I don't like cider and cannot remember trying eggnog.  

Candy cane or Gingerbread men?

That's hard, I would probably go with cinnamon candy canes. We had those years ago, and I loved them. I need to get me some at some point.  

What’s your favourite holiday/Christmas song?

I have favorites and of course cannot think of them all (I want to make a list because I don't even know all the titles).

What is most important to you about the holidays?


I enjoy picking out gifts (and I've gained a family reputation for being good at it, but that's because I've developed it; trust me, over-thinking can backfire). I enjoyed the food and family time and watching gift-opening (we always wait turns and watch and its so much fun and really doesn't take too much time).

Labels: