Blogmas: Decorating, Christmas Cards, Celebrating and Advent Calendar

I'm going to combine a couple Blogmas days as a Q and A

How do you decorate? Real Tree or Artificial Tree?

The three younger girls are the main decorating committee and they've got a nice little pattern. For the family room they decorate the tree with a light hand (we use to have an excessive amount of ornaments) and the stair railing, and we have new stockings this year (so cute). For the dinining room they put a smaller tree in the corner, put lights on the sideboard, and hang ball ornaments from the chandlier. We also have Christmas china on the table. 


We have artifical trees. We've had real a couple years. I plan on having real at my own home (and real branches for decorating), both because I prefer genuine and to cut down on storage space. I've wanted to get a little tree for my room, but I've got so much stuff the decorations would get lost. I am thinking of hanging snowflakes from the ceiling and window where they will be more noticeable.

Quiet Christmas or Family Filled Loud Party Christmas?

I think we are pretty moderate. We can get loud, but we aren't really "party" people.

Christmas Cards (do you send them, show us your favorites this year, or tells your favorite cards to send whether vintage, or bright and colorful)?

I collect pretty ones, I want to keep one of each of my favorites. I don't always send them, but they are nice to have on hand. We used one in a package we sent. I think I will send one to my grandparents for fun and maybe as a thank-you to friends for our gingerbread house decorating party.

Advent Calendar?


We have this little kiddy one from our childhood that the three little girls use now. I'd love to have a wooden one; I'm considering asking a family friend, the one who made our cedar chests, if he could make me one because I would like it to be solid and specific (long rather than square or tall). I would also like to have a chocolate advent calendar  one year.

Labels: