Girls Gifting

I spoke a bit about my "gifting philosophy" on the guys gifting post. Many of my gifts this year are knitted. I don't make huge or complicated knitted gifts for people who could care less, but I do like saving money, so I have been trying to save money and stash bust on smaller gifts. My larger gifts will be appreciated. As I've yet to finish the Christmas gifts, I will save those for another post.

My pride and joy gift is the photobook from Mixbook that I made for my Mom. I just received it today (12/9) which was earlier than anticipated. I picked the matte hardcover in the largest landscape size (11 by 14 inches), and I added a couple of pages, but with all the discounts I paid just under $50 (and I think the girls will agree to help pay), and its SO professional looking. Mom will cry. I'm so pleased. I'm definitely going to make me one for our trip . . . and any other trip I go on.

Here are some photos of the photobook

One of the example books featured a faded, softened photo of the Grand Canyon, and I loved that, so I shamelessly copied it. I cut off the top because it shows our last name.


I matched the faded look for the back


Grand Canyon


Mission Beach, San Diego


Zion and Arches National Parks

After I looked at all the photos as I edited them and after the girls looked at the book, several of us decided we are ready to go back. I loved just watching the landscape change through the windows, and standing in the waves, letting them knock me about.

I bought from these from annual art festival I attend. I bought one for each of my sisters.


More Gift Ideas for Women and Girls

Etsy is a treasure trove for gifts; I've bought so many nerdy gifts on there, and I bought a locket from TheBloomingThread for part of my sister's graduation gift (I think I want to get us all a locket one year; I was thinking about it for this year). One year I bought a pearl cage Cinderella carriage necklace. I bought Princess Elsa earrings for myself from this shop; I don't think they still have them, but they are lovely (you can probably view them under sales), and you could always see if you could request them.

And of course there exist all sorts of options for bookish people. The Modern Mrs. Darcy has a list, and Ginny Shellar has a list.

I love these mini nail polish kits; I've bookmarked this one, and I bought this one for my sister's birthday (and now I want one), and I only paid about $4 because we had a ton of $5 and $10 off (the percentages off didn't work for this brand).

Labels: ,