My Natural Make-Up and Wishlist

I really enjoy when others share their natural beauty options. I learn of more brands and am reminded of others which have improved. I started out with a discontinued brand from Rainbow Blossom and then branched out with recommendations from The Green Beauty Guide, a blog post I found via Google, and brands on Skin Botanica and the now out of business Saffron Rouge. 

I've tried Dr. Hauschka, Suki, Alima Pure, Juice Beauty, Nvey Eco, Ilia Beauty, Vapour (I tested and returned, but did not use; I might try more samples), Honeybee Gardens, Cowgirl Dirt, Zuzu Luxe, EllaRose Minerals, and more. Some of these are only semi-natural (most of the less expensive ones, for example) and a lot are very expensive which is why I've bought more basics from Cowgirl Dirt than I have from any other brand. 

I'm not brand loyal and because of this and expanding options, I will continue on my merry way of trying every brand I think is natural enough.


Tools

My large set (10 plus 1 extra I bought) I received a couple years ago from my grandmother, and my small set I bought for our big vacation in May. I prefer the smaller set, it takes up less space (half the number of brushes and shorter handles) and the brushes are softer. I think I might have harmed the larger set when I washed them (I need to research that). I feel ungrateful, but I'd really like to get rid of the large set. I don't need that many brushes, and I can add as needed to the smaller set (I'd want a blush brush). 

As for my other tools: I use dollar store sponges for my foundation right now, but I'd like to get a beauty blender type sponge; my pencil sharpeners do the job, but they seem to fall open easily; and I need replacement pads for my eyelash curler.


Face and Cheeks

I've been using Cowgirl Dirt for a couple years. I started out using their cream foundation and concealer (the later of which they've discontinued to my disappointment; only concealer that thick actually conceals, but thankfully I don't need it as often) and switched to their liquid and BB cream when they put those out. I would like to try Juice Beauty's expanded liquid foundation options and Vapour again at some point, but I just ordered more from Cowgirl Dirt (in addition to being less expensive, they have great sales). 

 My favorite concealer previously was Dr. Hauschka's stick concealer which was amazingly expensive. If I felt I needed to make concealer (this recipe), I would put in in lip balm tube.

My powders are Alima Pure (when I used used loose eyeshadow I bought more from this brand) except for the light jar which is EllaRoseMinerals (I don't like this powder, but if you like tons of loose eyeshadow colors you should check this shop out). 


My lip and cheek stain is an indie brand "Fat and the Moon" and was an impulse purchase when I bought my 70's vintage dress (hopefully, I will feature that in the summer). It's interesting; its more like tinted lip balm so its sticky on my cheeks. I want cream blush, so I won't be buying this again. I want to try several RMS Beauty Products and have wanted to for a long time, but they are SO expensive and look greasy.


Lips

I think I'm too old for lip gloss, so I think I will use these up and then only buy lipstick. These are from Juice Beauty and Cowgirl Dirt. My lip liners (I cover my entire lip because both lipgloss and lipstick last under an hour if I don't) are Dr. Hauschka, Cowgirl Dirt, and some other brand (maybe Zuzu Luxe?) that I bought at Earthfare but probably isn't really super green.


The back lipstick is from Juice Beauty and the front two are Dr. Hauschka. Lauren from Chic Ethique has mentioned a couple brands I want to try, Bite Beauty  and Red Apple. Both have SO many color choices.


Eyes


The eyeshadow palette set is from Dr. Hauschka. I bought it greatly discounted at Pharmaca or Beauty.com (I think the former, and I just found out the latter was bought and closed by Walgreens). This is definitely may favorite (of course I mostly used loose powder before). I prefer matte eyeshadows. If I cannot find less expensive I will repurchase. I might try Lily Lolo pressed shadows and perhaps Alima Pure.

 The eyeshadow on the left is cream eyeshadow from Cowgirl Dirt, and I don't recommend it as I have to pull on my eyelid to put it on and the shade is warmer than it looks in the palette. The other eyeshadow is pressed powder from Cowgirl Dirt. I just ordered another (more matte) one.

My eyeliners are Cowgirl Dirt and Dr. Hauschka. I want to try the gel and liquid liners from Root Pretty and find another pencil to try since Cowgirl Dirt pencils are more like crayons and melt off/smudge without touch really easily.

I've cleared out tons of stuff over the years and have really brought my collection down. But I still want to use up or get rid of some of this stuff because I'm less than thrilled, have too much of the same. If I can cut down a little more and figure out how to give up my brushes (I will see if Mom and sisters want them), I should be able to fit everything including the brushes into my bag easily. 

Labels: ,