I'm participating in Meredith's Beauty and the Beast week. At least, I'm going to do that tag and read a bunch of posts.
1.When did you first experience Beauty and the Beast?
As a child I watched the Disney princess movie and read our large blue Disney Classics book (Mom just got this again for my sister who remembered adoring it as a child). I cannot remember how young I was, but this was one of the Disney princess movies I watched most (along with Pocahontas and Cinderella).
2. In what forms(book, movie, retelling) have you experienced Beauty and the Beast?
Beauty by Robin McKinley, Beastly and the Disney animated movie.
3. Who is your favorite character in Beauty and the Beast?
In the animated movie, probably Gaston. He is hilarious. Lumiere and Cogsworth are fun too. Um, the couple? Well, the Beast is disturbing and underdeveloped (yes, I know it is a Disney movie . . . but Flynn he's ruined me for anyone less) and Belle is annoying.
In the book (Beauty), every character is lovely (Beauty has an interesting family). Beauty is a much more worthy heroine, but I still wish the Beast was a little bit more developed. However, in the book he comes off as mysterious which is good.
4. What is your favorite song from the cartoon Beauty and the Beast?
I prefer the tracks "Prologue" and "Transformation" to the singing.
5. If you were turned into a piece of furniture what you want it to be?
A side table in an abandoned room where I could be left alone until all was well.
6. What would your dream cast for Beauty and the Beast be? (This can be as elaborate or simple as you desire.) I just cannot pull anyone together quickly; I don't know enough about enough actors and actresses to do this easily.
7. If your school were performing BatB which character would you want to play?
Belle could be fun or perhaps an enchanted maid. Most preferably, someone in the audience. I'm not a theater kid nor EVER wanted to be.
8. Like Belle, do you enjoy reading books multiple times?
Yeees. But I need to be careful. Since adulthood, if I read books (or watch movies) too many times and too close together, I sicken of them.
9. If you were to write a retelling, what would you change?
Develop the Beast's character a bit more, give more detail to his back story, give more detail to the love story after the transformation.
10. Are roses your favorite flower?
One of my favorites. Not so much store roses as homegrown ones, though. We had at least six in our yard as a child. Not those Knock Out roses that fall to pieces the minute you touch them.
Labels: Bookish, Link-Ups, Magical Books