Minimalism Aesthetic

I can appreciate some aspects of the minimalism trend such a less stuff and higher quality. None of this is of course new, but sometimes it takes outside help to motivate. One aspect of the trend I dislike, and its NOT an essential aspect, but one of taste. I don't like minimalism in decorating; modern, white, austere, neutral, cold. I need interest, softness, color, elegance, warmth.

I like houses like shown on this blog. We have friends with an artsy house aesthetic also. I like this, but when I think of maintaining it! Its not my style, and I would need fewer knick-knacks, but its far more my style than the minimalist look. I'm a crafter too, that is part of why I'm not a minimalist overall.

Similarly, I'm not a minimalist in style; I understand the need for fewer clothes, and I can do that. But I am not interested in the limited colors of a capsule wardrobe. I would rather have fewer outfits with more colors.


Labels: , ,