Minimalism with the Internet and Technology and Links

One of my goals for this year is to simplify, and one of the areas that I want to simplify is my usage of the Internet and Technology.

I'd like to cut down on my Internet time and to use the time that I'm on more productively. I want to go back to having only a few Internet/tech days a week; I also ought to limit the time on those days also. Here is a list of items to help with electronic streamlining.

In order to help improve my Internet time I want to focus my time and streamline my usage. I've started an Internet list in my bullet journal of all the things I want to do with my Internet time (I've tried this before; I need to use the list) because I frequently get on and forget all the things that I wanted to research or do.

Another thing that I've done for a while is write up a ton of posts and scheduled them. I don't weary myself of blogging this way and can accumulate content and ideas during the scheduled period.

I cannot justify any typical purely Social Media sites; I just don't have an interest or need. Here is an article suggesting we quit Social Media. But I do need to be more efficient with the sites I do use and enjoy; my three big Internet places are Gmail, Pinterest, and Blogger.

Here are some ways to help clean up your online presence. I've signed up for FAAAAAR to many business and blog subscriptions.

With Pinterest and bookmarks, I need to make sure that I don't overwhelm myself, that I can easily find and use saved ideas, that I will use them, and that I delete what I know longer need (for bookmarks at least, maybe some Pins although it is easier to simply Pin better).

Labels: , ,