Bridal Shower

We threw a shower for my sister at the end of March



My grandmother has a lovely open floor plan, so we had my sister's shower at my grandparents' like we did my sister-in-law's a year and a half before. And I made cookies as I did before except I think I used a different recipe (this one by Alton Brown, except I added vanilla; they are nice and soft inside yet firm enough to decorate nicely). This time I did a MUCH better job planning (last time I made myself and a few sisters late to the shower we helped throw!). And I also made punch (not super impressed with the recipe, but I'm not sure I followed it right . . . I sometimes have "trouble" following recipes) and a ranch cheese ball (I will try to post the recipe at some point). 







My sister loves to travel (out of all of us kids, she's been to the most states,and the only one to travel outside the U.S.; she's been to several countries outside the U.S., once to teach for about nine months), and she wanted a Pixar's Up themed wedding and travel themed wedding. So, we had some touches of that at the shower. Not shown include her ocean and travel themed bathroom items, and her friend's gift of the Up house hand-painted on a plate.

 Yes, I know this looks like a Pinterest Fail, but I don't care, much, look at my other cookies! I'm so proud of those.



I made the traditional rehearsal "bouquet" out of the bows and ribbons from the gifts. Luckily almost all of them went together well. She had some strips of purple tulle that didn't match, but I didn't want to waste, so I braided those all together for the ring and wrapped it with the ribbon that matched. I was quite proud of my handiwork. Of course, she forgot to use it, but then I'm surprised we even managed to take it to the rehearsal.



Labels: