The Finally Fall Book Tag

I've seen this post so many times, so I thought I answer it too. See here and here plus another Autumn reading post here.

1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!
Blue Castle.

2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.
A lot of Rosemary Sutcliff books deal with loss or grief, but Outcast heads that list. I would say it deals with tragedy and the loss and grief involved.

3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.
Because I'm really annoying, Albion's Seed.

4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.
I think I'd what to live on the same street with the Penderwicks and Geigers.

5. The colorful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines!

Not completely fall colored. But this is my reading/library shelf right now.

6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.
Any of the Grandma's Attic books.

7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
I'm not super into creepy. How about Entwined.

8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.
An Old-Fashioned Girl.

9. Fall returns every year: name an old favorite that you’d like to return to soon.
I've got Blue Castle and Bookthief on my shelf to re-read, but I'm scared of not liking them as much or at all. Some re-reads don't hold up.

10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favorite cozy reading “accessories”!
My bed.

Labels: ,