My Sister's Pixar's Up Travel Themed Wedding: The Reception

Again, iPhone photos I snapped just before the wedding. Since the rain spoiled any chance for more professional before wedding photos (I wasn't crying over that), we waited in a hall for a bit before we went into the reception. People were already eating, and the line wasn't bad, so I didn't have to wait long for food (and I wasn't particularly hungry, and I was rather in an out-of-body state of mind). 


The dance floor is right in from of this. My sister has already hung the map in her living room. She spray-painted the bottles and decoupaged the maps onto the smaller ones. I don't have a photo, but she also decoupaged a grape soda label onto bottle tops which she glued with a pin onto the table numbers (another reference to Up).


These vases are for the wedding party's flowers.



I bounced around for most of the reception. Getting my food, getting candy, talking to people at various tables, begging for cake (the bridal party got the special home-made by a friend of Mom's wedding cake which was amazingly delicious, but hardly anybody ate any, so we shared some and pigged out at home the rest of the week), watching the dancing, wondering if I would dance, sort of trying to dance, getting mad at myself for it, and generally wandering around. 



The reception flew by (and the dancers, meaning mostly our half of the bridal party and friends weren't at all done dancing), and we lined up outside to blow bubbles at the bride and groom, and some children chased them to their car with bubbles.


More Up quotes



And then we cleaned up the place. An idiot (yours truly) caused us to have about 6 whole Costco cakes left. We shared quite a bit of cake, food, and candy. Although I was overwhelmed at the time, I think we easily cleared all the food and decor away since a month later almost everything has a place. My sister took quite a bit for her condo and the little girls took some decorations for their rooms.

Labels: