Link Love: Quotes

People, Pinterest is not the place to be deep, to give a history/social message. I go on there to pin pretty things. To laugh. There is a time and a place for everything, and I think Pinterest as a soap box is obnoxious and sloppy.

I've heard and read many misattributed (or not attributed) quotes, and so one day I decided to check a quote on my Pinterest quote board, yeah, the person didn't say it or in those exact words. I feel like a fool and promptly deleted my board. If I'm not going to research fact-based Pinterest posts (quotes, historical Pins, etc.), then I shouldn't pin them. I've since deleted my liked Goodreads quotes as well. I found this quote checking site indirectly through another person's link.The original article spoke of finding the absolute original quote . . . and then left out the earliest similar version in their story . . . unlike this site. I think you can submit quotes you want to be researched too.

And a manner of speaking I need to learn.

And quotable characters? How about Algernon Moncrieff. I love how his character is translated in the Web Series In Earnest (which did and does not get enough love, so go watch it!). Also, Ernest's reactions.
Episode 4 The comments on marriage.
Episode 6 Algie's running commentary. Yeah, the whole episode.
Episode 11 This whole episode, but especially the "three is company" conversation and "work hard at something pointless."
Episode 39 At the end.

This quote link-up looks fun . . . just make sure you double-check everything you read and post.
I'm very bad at filling this in, but I'm trying to keep a quote journal, but I need to do more than book quotes, I need to fill in basically all the lines of How to Steal a Million.

Labels: ,